The Gullwing Odyssey (Gullwing, #1) - Antonio Simon,  Jr.
The Gullwing Odyssey (Gullwing, #1) by Antonio Simon Jr. is a monumental masterpiece of mirth and mayhem. I absolutely loved this book. Take the classic true tale of Marco Polo and reinvent it with devious dragon humanoids and you have an adventure fantasy like no other. The author has filled virtually every page with humour and wisecracks that all the family can enjoy without embarrassment. Coupled with action scenes so imaginative that this reader was positively awestruck and you have one heck of a book.
Young Marco accidently misrepresents himself due to no fault of his own. He is messenger to his sovereign with an important message but is side-tracked by a devious dragon who tells all Marco is the Emissary and this sends Marco on a journey of high seas, pirates, monsters, an insane knight, a great battle but most of all he learns to see life differently. Even when facing death, Marco's courtroom drama scene is a joy to behold and is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in ages. Positively side-splitting.
The author indulges with witty dialogue, and flowery speech that perfectly matches the characters' makeup. Most of all it's the strange and wonderful characters Marco bumps into that makes this book so special and that's what grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and wouldn't let go till the last page.
This FIVE STAR fantasy adventure is a must read for all the family and is highly recommended.