The Last Sunset - Bob Atkinson
The Last Sunset by Bob Atkinson is an incredible rush of Highland adventure, apocalyptic prophecy, time travel and romance all rolled into one helluva awesome novel. I had no idea what I was letting myself in for and boy, am I glad I did. The sights, sounds and smells of the Highlands are richly described and lovingly painted onto a canvas worthy of DaVinci. Every page exudes magical prose, such realistic dialogue and action sequences to take the breath away.
The time ravel story deftly juggles two brothers from 1916, soldiers from 1976 training for duty in Northern Ireland and an American couple from 2026 visiting the Highlands where a terrible atrocity was committed by the English Army two and half centuries before.
These disparate groups join forces when an apocalyptic event alters time sending them back to 1746 to help the Highlanders fight the ruthless and cruel English.
The author has created a historical masterpiece on a staggering scale that should be read by every lover of historical fiction fantasy time travel.
FIVE STARS and vey highly recommended for lovers of Historical Fiction.